Saturday, January 5, 2008

Stardust

Stardust. Last time I was in DC, I watched this with my mom. She likes Sci-fi/Fantasy, I like Sci-fi/Fantasy. Giddyup.

The name makes it sound like a space adventure, no? Well, that's what I thought. This was just straight fantasy though, which was ok.

The story starts out with a young man on an adventure, not really knowing what he is getting himself in to. This boy grows up, we flash to present day(for the movie) and the man's son, who is now a young man himself. Kind of a nerd, the son needs something to get the attention of the local 'it' girl. The girl is Sienna Miller. For some reason I keep not knowing it's her in movies until I read the IMDB. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Meanwhile, there's a quirky and unique contest going on to determine the succession for the crown in a faraway land. This adds some humor to the movie, and some uniqueness. Michelle Pfeiffer is an evil witch who is trying to kill everyone. In the end? The good guy wins. Don't worry folks, I'm not ruining any surprises.

Some interesting ideas, worth watching if you already wanted to, but nothing to write home about.

1 comment:

A said...

I thought the movie was much better than the book which was overly simplistic. I guess overly simplistic works for a movie