Monday, January 21, 2008

Spartan

Spartan. I can't remember when I added this to my Netflix Queue, but it's starring Val Kilmer and has Kristen Bell in it, so that's win win in my book. I found out later that it was written and directed by David Mamet, whom I enjoy in general.

The story is loosely set around some special ops soldiers(Kilmer) trying to rescue a politician's daughter(Bell). There are a few twists and turns, some training, some ops. Val Kilmer being his crazy self. I like it how he completely immerses himself in a part, though I hear it makes him insufferable on a set.

Ed O'Neill and William H Macy play small but meaningful parts, as well as Derek Luke. Not an amazing movie, but well acted, and it knows what it wants to do and does it. Kilmer delivering Mamet lines is worth watching for me. Small review, small movie. Hasta pronto.

No comments: