Monday, February 11, 2008

May

May. Weird movie. Weird effing movie. I can't remember adding this to my netflix Queue, but it must have been a long time ago. I've been watching it creep up my Q for a while, and lacking 6 other movies I'm dying to see, it snuck in to my house.

A strange, indy horror flick, May grabs you from the beginning. After a strange, socially isolated childhood, May grows up to be quite unique. I know I don't usually do plot synopses but I'll make an exception for this movie, roughly this is how it goes :

Quirky
Cute
Strange
Weird
Good weird
Creepy
Weird
Really weird
Bad weird
Weird
Kind of hot
Bad weird
Disturbing
Um... what???

Angela Bettis is terrific in the lead role, and the director with a cool name(Lucky McKee) crafts well. Jeremy Sisto feels natural as the neighborhood hunk, and Anna Faris is a good weird hot lesbian. While it goes beyond bizarre at the end, I think it's worth watching(if you can take some gore). It's certainly different, and you can't say that about a lot of movies these days.

No comments: