Sunday, February 17, 2008

Epic Movie

Epic Movie. So as some of you may know, I went to a frisbee tournament this weekend. Live, Freeze or Die, a tournament in NH in february. We expected snow on the ground, and sub zero temperatures. It delivered on both counts. I, of course, played in shorts and a T-shirt, slicing the heck out of my legs on the ice in the first game, and it never got any better. But that's what I like. After the game, I was lying in my hotel room after a long hot shower, trying to not get any blood on the sheets. Suddenly, Epic Movie was on, showing on one of the 3 real channels I got in my room.

Why do I tell you this story? Well, among other things, this is what it took to get me to watch this movie. I think it wasn't as bad as Magorium, though I am not sure because I blanked that experience from my mind. But it was bad. I like Kal Penn, and Darrell Hammond, but I don't understand who greenlighted this project. It was just so bad.

Flat jokes, terrible acting. I honestly think the idea isn't a bad one, it was just so poorly implemented. I also watched it on HBO, who apparently edited it. I think running time not including credits was about 68 minutes. Crazy.

Avoid, please.

No comments: