Friday, April 25, 2008

Blue Harvest

Family Guy Presents : Blue Harvest. I thought this was an actual movie for a while, not just an extended episode of the show that aired on TV. I waited for a long time to see it, and I finally got a copy of it on DVD so I watched it, and I'm reviewing it like it's a normal movie(a 42 minute movie). I'm also going to call it FGSW(Family Guy Star Wars) because I don't want to type out the whole name every time. I'm sure you won't hold it against me.

Let me preface(I guess the second paragraph of a review can't really be a preface, but deal with it) with this : I am a very large fan of Star Wars, Family Guy, and remakes. So my opinion of the movie will obviously be slightly skewed, but at least I recognize this.

FGSW is a terrific parody. Both honoring Star Wars, and slightly mocking it, Seth MacFarlane is obviously a fan of the originals. Incorporating every character from Family Guy, FGSW keeps the laugh up throughout. One of my favorite momentary cameos is when they walk into the Cantina in Mos Eisley, there's Coach McGirk in the background. Love it! (even one of the Spaceballs characters has a small speaking part - parody of a parody)

We basically follow a modified script of episodes IV-VI, crunched into 42 minutes or so. If you're a fan of Star Wars, Family Guy, cartoons, or quirky comedy, please watch this. Totally worth it IMO, then lend me the DVD cause I'd love to see the DVD extras.

No comments: