Thursday, December 27, 2018

The Mummy

The Mummy

My mom is in town for a few more days, and she likes very similar movies to me. She also(like me) doesn't mind watching terrible films. Enter The Mummy. Not to be confused with The Mummy. Seemed apropos to be watching it with my Mommy. Faithful readers and friends will know I'm a big fan of Tom Cruise. Or at least have been. he is losing me with every film he makes. He's always yelling, and always running. It's tedious. Don't get me started on his portrayal of Jack Reacher. Aaaaanyways...
This movie is really terrible. My mother lives in Egypt now, and couldn't stop complaining that they didn't seem to do any research into the region. They inexplicably involved Dr Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde really really poorly. The female love interest in for some reason a whopping 22 years younger than Cruise. It's 2018 people, can we please at least pretend women are important for like one movie? Please?
The lone bright spot is Jake Johnson, who acts like himself in everything, but was good.

I'd pass on this for sure, just watch the preview, it's way better than the actual movie. 

No comments: