Thursday, December 20, 2018

Appaloosa

Appaloosa.
Western starring someone or other. I'm in. I like modern westerns. The movie is fairly long, which is why it took me a while to get around to watching it, but here we go.

A-Ha! The stars are Ed Harris and Viggo Mortenson. This is a good thing. I like Ed Harris a lot, and he seems made for a good western(though I've never seen him in one), with his steely stares and uncompromising hardness. I'm also a big Viggo fan. While he did get a little boring in the Lord of the Rings movies, he was thoroughly enjoyable in A History of Violence, and Eastern Promises(which had a crazy nude fight to the death). Viggo seems like one of those way too intense guys like Val Kilmer. While they're both very good actors, people sometimes don't like being in movies with them because they get too intensely into their character, 'bump' too hard when doing their own stunts, and other things casual actors get annoyed/intimidated by.

[2018 Edit - Maybe this was the inspiration for Harris' amazing role in Westworld

No comments: