Thursday, December 20, 2018

Combo post - few old drafts combined

The King of Kong. I'm kind of into documentaries about niche activities. I really enjoyed Scrabble, Crosswords, real life RPG, Starbucking, Confessions of a Superhero(really, really good), among others. I like learning about weird stuff people are into, and I like seeing the insanity these people sink to. The King of Kong features a doozy.

People love video games. I love video games. I am, however, not really into the current spate of First Person Shooter(fps) games, or the waaaay over complicated gaming systems currently representing game consoles. King of Kong brings us back to a simpler time. A time when people played in arcades, with quarters. There's even a follow-up scandal [SPOILER ALERT]

Slipstream. Weird movie. Weird weird weird movie. Disjointed and nonsensical, this movie could easily trigger and epileptic fit with its intentionally frenzied editing. Really cool cast, but I wouldn't recommend.

Waitress.
Really fun movie. Well acted, good characters. Under 2 hours, and some really good baking. If you like Keri Russell or Nathan Fillion you shouldn't miss it.

Baby Mama.
I don't understand why no one liked this movie. I thought it was very funny. Poehler and Fey have great chemistry and goof around for 99 minutes. It's like they never stopped doing weekend update!

No comments: